Telegraph Hill Program Initiatives is a rapidly growing technology consulting firm in San Francisco, helping Bay Area corporations and startups get new software initiatives started.
Telegraph Hill gets IT started by leading new technology programs requiring rapid implementation and continuous delivery, such as Agile Java Development, DevOps, SaaS Operations, managed API, test automation and Big Data initiatives. Visit www.thpii.com to learn more.
Our goal is always to align our clients’ technology strategy and objectives with those of the overall business, ensuring a scalable & sustainable business model. We help our bigger companies move fast, and our smaller, growing companies operate with control, quality, and security.
Individually, we are senior technology business consultants with decades of technology management experience at companies large and small, leading development, engineering, operations, and program management teams.
Answer these questions and you will know whether you are right for us:
Telegraph Hill Developers:
-Software development is my profession.
-Solving problems is as interesting as coding.
-Refactoring is as challenging as writing new code.
-Software development is a like a marathon.
-My kid’s soccer game is as important as my deadline.
-Tests are as important an artifact as functional code.
-Reliable cash flow is as important as equity upside.
-Software documentation makes objects visible.
-Non-functional requirements are also my responsibility.
-Software developers earn good money.
-Individual heroics is key to technology project success.
-Maintenance programming is for training.
-Software development is like a sprint.
-Work always comes first.
-Creating tests is for lesser talented people.
-Stock options are the path to financial independence.
-My code and its behavior is all anyone needs to know.
-Operations, security, platform & QA are not my job.
You get the picture: We’re looking for smart, balanced people who understand the entire lifecycle of software across different industries, who are customer focused, self-motivated and independent, and who are deeply curious about the world and how software can make it better.
Full Stack Java Engineer
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in building software using Java technologies.
- Solid experience with the following technologies: ORM tools – Hibernate, TopLink, or similar.
- Prior experience leading teams.
- SQL skills to access a database from a web application.
- Experience with rule and event engines is a plus.
- Desire to work in collaborative and fast paced agile environment.
- Experience in using Scrum process is a big plus.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 100% coverage of medical premiums for employees
- Open collaborative workspace on & off-site
- New San Francisco office
- Walking distance to Caltrain, BART, Bus, and Ferry terminal
Telegraph Hill is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.